Freedom at last!
They endured years of confinement, suffering and abuse but after being rescued by Animal Defenders International from circuses in Peru and Colombia, over 30 African lions went home to Africa!
Please help us support them at the Emoya Big Cat Sanctuary, and rescue others in need. Adopt one of our lions today.
ADI has a huge habitat construction program underway at Emoya and to date (October 2016) have invested $117,524 in construction of habitats. We need to raise a further $134,604 to complete all of the main habitats for the lions (at least nine more habitats) which will bring the total expenditure to $252,128 for the homes for these lions who have endured so much – can you help?
Make a donation towards the second phase of the lions’ release – huge natural bush habitats (a separate one for each family or pair) with watering holes, platforms, trees, vegetation all safely secure behind double electric fencing (outside is included to prevent access by other animals).
- $2,500 / £2,050 / ZAR 33,350 – will build a lion night house
- $375 / £300 / ZAR 5,160 – will feed a lion for a month
- $100 / £80 / ZAR 1,375 – will provide 2,000 sq ft of safe enclosed habitat
- $87.50 / £70 / ZAR 1,200 – will feed a lion for one week
- $12.50 / £10 / ZAR 170 – will feed a lion for a day
You can also donate by phone, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm:
UK – 020 7630 3340
US – 323 935 2234